Thursday, March 09, 2006

digital traces

We frequently think of digital traces in terms of not leaving footprints (huellas) in our lives online, as some measure of privacy protection. But they manifest in another way when we move on. I am prompted to say this since I´ve received notice, as have many others who subscribe to the liblicense-l list, of the passing of Ross Atkinson. I did not know him; we never met, but he was a frequent presence in my electronic mailbox. And so, familiar.

And so I ponder the still continued presence of Ross Atkinson as manifested in my mailbox; there are still some of his mails there marked for reading later. Now they take on a different almost ethereal sheen. I felt this same way with the passing of Raja last year. They leave us with digital traces in our cyberian existence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home